What You'll Get
- $85 for an authentic gondola ride for two from Sunset Gondola
- Hour-long cruise through Huntington Harbour and Sunset Beach
- A taste of Italy close to Los Angeles
- Gondolas imported from the Squero di San Trovaso in Venice
- Gondoliers will serenade you
- Bring your own food and drink; blankets, ice, cups, and bottle opener provided
- Romance packages, full moon cruises (once a month), holiday light cruises, and special accommodations for marriage proposals also available (you will have to pay the difference for certain special events; call ahead)
- Reservations required.
- $15 extra per person; limit six per gondola.
Yelpers give Sunset Gondola 4.5 stars, and BeachCalifornia.com recommends it: > * The gondoliers really earn their keep in Huntington Harbour. While it features one or two bridges the tour passes under (for kissing), there’s a lot more open water as the channels are wider than Naples. – BeachCalifornia.com > * A magical moment, a magical night. Best date ever. Best setting ever. They offer so many options for any occasion and are very customer oriented. – fianna r., Yelp > * The gondoliers are totally in character and having [sic] charming personalities. – Kaputachya A., Yelp
The Fine Print
Reservations required. $15 extra per additional person; Limit 6 people per gondola. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Sunset Gondola
For centuries, lovebirds have toured Venice's picturesque canals on gondola rides. And since 2006, couples have headed out onto the calm waters of Huntington Harbor aboard the same iconic Venetian boats, courtesy of Sunset Gondolas. To recreate the Italian experience as thoroughly as possible, the company's fleet is made up entirely of gondolas imported from Italy—and is the only company in Southern California with that distinction. Moreover, their gondoliers sport traditional striped shirt, and serenade passengers upon request. What's more, they're experts at their craft. Two of the boatswains have won the US Gondola Nationals for their skill in the authentic, 37-foot boats—Bepi, who won in 2012, and Stefano, who won in 2013.
Despite their prowess, however, the gondoliers often blend into the background during rides, letting the California scenery take center stage. From their seats, couples or convivial groups drink in views of the area's Venetian-style islands, canals, and bridges, all while snacking on picnic spreads and wine they brought along, or the chocolate-dipped strawberries provided in some packages. The gondoliers can tailor the rides to special occasions, too, including proposals and wedding ceremonies.