Today’s side deal gets Charm City expats home for the holidays. For $18, you get a comfortable one-way ride from New York City to Baltimore—or vice versa—in a luxury charter bus from Superior Tours. The friendly folks at Superior Tours will pick you up at 6:00 p.m. (6:30 p.m. on weekends) under the tree at Rockefeller Center, which is periodically covered with lights for some reason (probably a tax thing), and will drop you off about three hours and fifteen minutes later at one of three Baltimore locations. If you love B-More, but aren't in love with B-More, buy a second Groupon and make it a round trip.
Traveling home for the holidays is often the most stressful part of the season. Letting someone else do the driving frees you up to work on your latest knitting project or crack open a page-turning Kindle. Enjoy a smooth ride several feet off the ground in your towering luxury charter bus, with comfortable arm and headrests for morning and evening nappers. Each return trip features an entertaining movie to watch—in case you tire of staring at the colorful psychedelic upholstery—along with friendly attendants to answer your every query and "are-we-there-yet."
Once you've chilled with the fam, filled up on traditional Christmas crab, and helped your mom shovel off the marble steps, Superior Tours will pick you up at any of the three drop-off points and deposit you a few hours later at either Rockefeller Plaza or Times Square.
Though most Big Apple visitors are too busy planning their next day trip to write online user reviews, one Insider Pager gives Superior Tours four stars:
- It's about a four hour ride on a comfortable coach bus. I believe it leaves around 6am for NYC, which is early, but it allows for a full day of touring. Once you're in the city, you're totally on your own until you leave. – Eric P.
The Wheels on the Bus Go…
When passing the time on the cozy ride to NYC, you may be moved to sing a nostalgic song from your school-bus days. The other riders might glare at you with contempt, but they’ll soon soften when they hear one of these familiar favorites:
- “Old McDonald Had a Cult”
- “Wynken, Blynken, Blynken’s ex-girlfriend Cassie who still hangs out, and Nod”
- “There’s a frog on the bump on the branch on the log in the hole where Cthulhu lies dreaming in the bottom of the sea.”
- “99 Bottles of Beer in the Shower”
- The theme to The Addams Family with topical new lyrics that satirize contemporary politicians—and yes, I brought enough copies for everyone!
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
When Superior Tours looks for new drivers, it wants polite, reliable, and personable people, and it doesn't even consider those with fewer than five years of experience. Its drivers all work only for Superior Tours so that they can be on time and well rested for each trip. Luxury, 54-passenger motorcoaches pick up groups from the airport, ferry people to New York City for a day of urban exploration, or steer toward Atlantic City where passengers can hit the slots. The company also programs charter trips for corporate outings, church trips, and charter-bus-of-the-month clubs.