Susan G. Komen for the Cure

The Loop

Give as a Gift
Limited quantity available
Over 290 bought

In a Nutshell

Walk and 5K/10K races celebrate breast-cancer survivors and promote awareness, while 75% of net funds earned stay within Chicagoland area.

The Fine Print

Promotional value expires Sep 22, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Must sign waiver. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.

Slow and steady wins the race, as going too fast makes you sprout rabbit ears. Walk with this Groupon.

$20 for Entry for One in the Race for the Cure (Up to $45 Value)

A celebratory parade for breast-cancer survivors precedes the main Race for the Cure event on Saturday, September 22. Groupon customers may participate in the 1-mile or 5K fun walk, or the 5K or 10K race; they should bring their vouchers to the event site to redeem their T-shirts and race bib at the registration tent. Registration begins at 6:30 a.m. in Grant Park. Read more about the race details here.

Susan G. Komen for the Cure

Although the symbol of Susan G. Komen for the Cure is a small pink ribbon, it represents a powerhouse of breast-cancer research and education. The rallying cry of "I am the cure" represents the foundation's multifaceted approach to fighting the disease, which focuses on community outreach, public perception of the disease, and funding for scientific research. Susan G. Komen for the Cure's work has helped increase early detection, survival rates, and federal funding of groundbreaking breast-cancer research.

Beyond its signature pink ribbon–bedecked merchandise, the Race for the Cure is the centerpiece of the foundation's fundraising and outreach efforts. Originally an 800-person charity race in Dallas, Race for the Cure has blossomed into a series of more than 150 races worldwide, which collectively host more than 1.7 million participants annually. Marathoners, runners, and walkers alike collect sponsorship donations from friends and family as they tackle races of varying lengths, wearing personalized signs on their backs to honor the breast-cancer victims and survivors in their lives. To date, Race for the Cure has raised more than $1.9 billion to support Komen initiatives. The Chicago affiliate serves five counties—Cook, Kane, DuPage, McHenry, and Lake—and 75% of its net funds earned stay within the Chicagoland area, while the remaining 25% go to global research. The affiliate was established in 1997, making this the 15th anniversary race.

Merchant Location Map
  1. 1

    The Loop

    Columbus Dr. and Jackson St.

    Chicago, IL 60611

    +17734440061

    Get Directions

By purchasing this deal you'll unlock points which can be spent on discounts and rewards. Every 5,000 points can be redeemed for $5 Off your next purchase.
{}