What You'll Get
Stroll the busy streets amid the numerous mom-and-pop specialty food, gift shops and restaurants of New York's authentic "Little Italy" in the Bronx. Along the way, you'll get to sample the tastes that make this a destination for those in search of the best Italian specialties the city has to offer: bureks, crusty bread, olives, cheese, sausage, pastry and, of course, pizza. Tour stops include the Arthur Avenue Retail Market, La Casa Grande Tobacco Company and a visit to the corner where Dion and the Belmonts used to serenade passersby with their a cappella harmonies.
Once the home of the landed gentry (the Lorillards of tobacco fame), the Little Italy section of the Bronx became a mecca for Italian immigrants at the turn of the 20th Century. They came to build the Botanical Gardens and the Bronx Zoo; a visit to either is a great way to enhance your day in the Bronx.
Points along the tour:
- See the work of one of the most talented stone cutters of his day, Attilio Piccarilli, creator of the Lincoln Memorial.
- Visit The Arthur Avenue Retail Market: the first enclosed market in the city.
- See the cigar rollers at La Casa Grande Tobacco Co. — favorite of the cast of the Sopranos, Rudy Guiliani and many other cigar afficionados.
- Visit the corner where Dion and the Belmonts sang a cappella.
- Visit multiple unique food shops and taste some of their special treats.
- Witness a cheese-making demonstration.
The Fine Print
Offer does not include ticketing fees. Information on how you'll receive or pick up your tickets along with any date-specific advisories or restrictions will be provided to you in checkout.