What You'll Get
Purge your system of pesky toxins, feel your muscles and tendons soften into gumbyesque suppleness, and sweat out tension from every pore. With today's Groupon, $30 gets you a five-class punch card to The SweatBox (an $80 value), winner of Best Hot Yoga in Seattle magazine. Grab this deal and become versed in the rigorous, detoxifying style that's making practitioners sweat worldwide, across the globe, and all over the planet.
Bikram yoga consists of 26 poses and two breathing exercises that center, strengthen, and lengthen every muscle with the muscle-melting powers of a 100-plus-degree room. It's designed to cater to all skill levels, allowing practitioners to choose the rigorousity of each workout. Sweat out toxins and enjoy mind-expanding stretches while breathing deeply; afterward, you'll leave focused, with a cleansed, centered, and worry-free glow.
SweatBox's classes are taught by certified happy, healthy instructors who will motivate you to do those extra half-tortoise, cobra pose, and other animal-themed poses in preparation for your fight with public menace Spider-Man.
This deal is good at The SweatBox locations in Capitol Hill and Shoreline. Check out the Shoreline and Capitol Hill schedules for daily classes that will leave you feeling cleansed, invigorated, and powerful.
- As a beginner, the instructors were very supportive and caring. I became addicted right away! If you are interested in Bikram, this is definitely [sic] the place to go! – mlb328, Citysearch
- I've never done much yoga but I really loved this! I can't say enough good things about it. – linc2005, Citysearch
- I have been practicing there for five years, and both the studio and Bickram [sic] yoga are incredible. I have practiced in other studios in different cities, and the Sweatbox is the best. – Joe K., Judy's Book
The Last 10 Degrees are the Most Important
The rooms in which Bikram yoga is practiced get hot—sometimes up to 100 degrees. Sure, 90 degrees is pretty hot, but it's the final 10 degrees that make all the difference. Here's what happens between 90 and 100 degrees:
- 90°: Your muscles become relaxed, allowing deeper stretches.
- 91°: You lose your fear of romantic rejection and gain fear of the chupacabra.
- 92°: You can create fire with your mind.
- 93°: You begin thinking in Spanish, which you do not speak.
- 94°: You now "get" pro wrestling.
- 95°: You forgive your parents for consistently forgetting your name from ages 8–13.
- 96°: The Age of Myths is upon us. You will be a mighty ruler with an iron fist and several other iron parts.
- 97°: You can intuitively read brail.
- 98.6°: You notice that the room is as hot as the temperature INSIDE YOUR MOUTH!
- 99°: That speaking fox cannot be an illusion because illusions are for crazy people.
- 100°: Good stretching.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 27, 2010. Amount paid never expires. New students only. Limit 1 per person. May purchase multiple as gifts. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The SweatBox
Heat radiates throughout The SweatBox's studio as instructors lead students through Bikram yoga’s 26 postures and two breathing techniques. Starting with a lung-expanding breathing exercise, the instructors guide yogis in a sequence of postures designed to stretch and strengthen every muscle group. The heat, kept around 105 degrees, warms the body and loosens the ligaments, enabling guests to sink deeper into stretches, release toxins via sweat, and shake off mini snowmen seeking refuge behind their ears. The SweatBox spans across two locations and hosts various events including posture-practice sessions, and kids’ yoga.