A perfectly plumped cupcake trimmed with a sweetly swooped frosting lid is a lovely loaf, perfect for parties, weddings, and staring-contest victory celebrations. This Groupon gets you four of them for $5 at Sweet Pockets, which is proud to call itself Atlanta’s first shop devoted to the dainty dessert.
At Sweet Pockets, you’ll find an array of creative cakefections. Try the fresh-squeezed Lemon Sunshine, or Southern classic Red Velvet. Vegans will appreciate the Vegan Midnight: a soy, dairy, and egg-free minimound of rich, chocolatey delight available on Fridays and Saturdays. All the icing-topped treats are baked from scratch each morning by owner Lennie King, a former architect who swapped blueprints for blenders in 2006.
Palm-sized cakes are the tastiest way to remedy bad days, send a sweet message, or indulge in a portion-appropriate way.
- For those whose biggest restriction is guilt, some shops are off ering [sic] a cupcake's answer to the donut hole. Th ese [sic] bite-sized versions-dubbed "minis" at Atlanta's Sweet Pockets (www.sweet-pockets.com)-are a fun way to experiment. – Debra Shigley, AirTran magazine
- They’re almost too cute to eat. Almost. – Creative Loafing
Cupcakes: How to Stop Them
Cupcakes are increasingly replacing full-sized cakes as America's favorite cake treat—a fact that has not escaped the powerful Cake Lobby. The Cake Lobby, representing the interests of the country's traditional-cake bakers, has taken the following steps to combat the rise of cupcakes:
- Delivers one free full-sized cake to every home each Thursday
- Released a cloud of specially bred and trained day-bats to dive-bomb cupcake-eaters in public places
- Mailed every house the helpful pamphlet How Cupcakes Caused The Economic Crises of 1929 and Today
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
4338 Paces Ferry Rd Nw
Atlanta, Georgia 30339Get Directions