What You'll Get
Choose from Five Options
- $16 for One dozen basic cake pops ($30 value)
- $20 for One dozen regular cupcakes ($40 value)
- $500 for Three tier cake ball cake ($1,150 value)
- $25 for Dessert sampler ($64 value)
- $350 for 100 cupcakes individually packed in single-serving boxes and tied with a ribbon ($600 value)
Four Things to Know About Cupcakes
Artisan cupcakes are a relatively recent phenomenon, but cupcakes have been around for more than 200 years. Read on to learn more about the personal-sized pastry.
1. The origin of “cupcake” is straightforward . . . Simply put: they’re baked in cups. As early as the 18th century, some cookbooks called for baking individual cakes in small earthenware teacups or similar vessels. Baking them in tins didn’t happen until later, after gold rushers sought out other uses for their sifting pans.
2. . . . but there’s another, equally plausible explanation. In the US, at least, the term also could have originated from the volume of ingredients used to make small cakes—a cup of flour and a cup of butter, for instance—much like the term “pound cake” referred to the ingredients’ individual weights.
3. Thank HBO for the cupcake’s resurgence. Many people attribute the recent popularity of cupcakes—once a mere staple of childhood—to a 2000 episode of Sex and the City, in which Carrie eats a cupcake from New York’s famed Magnolia Bakery.
4. The flavors are limited only by imagination. Around the country, bakers have topped the diminutive delights with everything from candied bacon and heirloom tomatoes to chocolate-covered potato chips.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. All options include delivery. Reservations are required at least 5 days in advance and subject to availability. Merchant's standard cancellation policies apply (not to exceed the Groupon value). Delivery area includes 20-mile radius of 91342; additional fee applies beyond delivery area. Excludes specialty cupcakes and pops. Limited availability on holidays. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.