Guided fishing trips that cruise the Fraser River in large river boats, capturing and releasing sturgeon that weigh up to 1,000 pounds
About This Deal
- Private or shared outing: shared
- What’s included: half-day fishing trip, guide, digital pictures
- What you might catch: sturgeon
- About the boat: custom built aluminum jet boat
- Where you’ll fish: The Fraser River
- Boat amenities: heated and fully covered jet boat
- What to wear: clothes suitable for the weather
- What to bring: fishing license
Sturgeon Fishing Trip
The fishing trips tour the Fraser River—typically its middle stretches between Hope and Mission. Aboard large comfortable riverboats, a guide aids participants as they scan, record, and measure their catches before releasing them back into the water. All participants must provide their own fishing licenses and applicable tags; for more details, see the sturgeon-fishing page.
About Swiftwater Guiding
Fishing can be a solitary pursuit, but Swiftwater Guiding's team knows that sturgeon fishing is a team sport. It can take three or four people to hold a Fraser River sturgeon—the behemoths can measure up to 12 feet long and often weigh more than 1,000 pounds. Even more impressive, sturgeons are known for their verve, executing spectacular leaps when pursued, and chomping on bait so hard that bystander fish feel proud of their own table manners.