Gliders let pilots fly without making a sound, which is ideal for flying over nature preserves filled with sleeping pterodactyls. Practice silent swooping with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
$129 for an introductory flight package (a $279 total value)
- Three hours of ground school (a $135 value)
- Training materials and flight logbook (a $15 value)
- Introductory scenic glider flight from an altitude of 3,000 feet (a $129 value)<p>
$149 for an intermediate flight package (a $319 total value)
- Includes the above, but with a scenic glider flight from 4,000 feet (a $169 value)<p>
$169 for the mile-high flight package (a $349 total value)
- Includes the above, but with a scenic glider flight from 5,000 feet (a $199 value)<p>
For weather purposes, Sylvania Soaring Adventures is closed from the middle of November to the middle of April.<p>
Sylvania Soaring Adventures
From nearly a mile above the ground, the sailplane’s wraparound windows open onto sweeping views of the Wisconsin countryside. Rolling hills and forests, streams, and lakes dot the landscape, and on a clear day, the Chicago skyline peeks out from the horizon. Sylvania Soaring Adventures’s FAA-certified flight instructors pilot guests over these vistas in a fleet of Schweizer SGS 1-26E, Schweizer 2-33, and Grob 103 sailplanes. Towed by a traditional airplane, the gliders reach altitudes of up to 5,000 feet, well above the habitat of endangered birthday balloons. Once released, professional pilots demonstrate basic flight principles, point out landmarks of interest, and sometimes hand over the controls. They also helm training programs to certify students who want to fly solo or pilot gliders for their friends and family.