All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Captain Marvel once said, "'Twas music that soothed the savage beast." Although he was talking about his short-lived nemesis Dr. Angry Parakeet, it's just as true for animals of the human persuasion. Soothe your savage insides with today's Groupon: for $12, you get one adult ticket to a performance by Symphony Hamilton (a $25 value in advance, or $28 at the door). You may buy up to five Groupons for each of the following shows, and seating is first-come, first-served:
- "Celebrating Fifteen" on Sunday, November 7, 2010, at 3 p.m. at The Royal Botanical Gardens.
- "A Family Christmas" on Sunday, December 12, 2010, at 3 p.m. at The Royal Botanical Gardens.
- "Beethoven's Heroines and Emperors" on Sunday, March 6, 2011, at 3 p.m. at The Royal Botanical Gardens.
- "Film and Symphonic Classics" on Sunday, May 29, 2011, at 3 p.m. at The Royal Botanical Gardens.
- "Music Through the Ages" on Sunday, June 19, 2011, at 3 p.m. at St. Matthew's Anglican Church.
Now in its 38th year of performance, the charming "Symphony on the Bay" exudes a passion for music and community, offering a bevy of concerts to please young, old, and canine listeners alike. "Celebrating Fifteen" honors James R. McKay's 15 years as Symphony Hamilton's music director. In addition to conducting the community-based volunteer symphonic orchestra, the maestro stays active as a bassoonist, acoustic researcher, and university teacher. "A Family Christmas" will offer a slew of traditional Christmas songs featuring mezzo-soprano Sophie Roland and a mandatory Christmas-carol sing-along. "Beethoven's Heroines and Emperors" will contain classics such as the Leonore Overture No. 3 and Symphony No. 3, "Eroica." "Film and Symphonic Classics" will feature pieces by Mozart, Barber, and Dvorak, as well as John Williams' Schindler's List and The Imperial March from Star Wars Suite. Guest conductor Pratik Gandhi will lead "Music Through the Ages" with numbers from Holst, Mozart, and J.C. Bach.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 5 per person per show. Seating subject to availability. Valid for date and show purchased only. Not valid for previously purchased tickets. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.