What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $25 for one blow-dry with wash, trim, and style ($50 value)
- $43 for two of the above blow-dry package ($90 value)
- $110 for a Healthy Hair Package ($240 value)
The Healthy Hair package includes:
- Four blow-dry sessions with wash and style
- Two deep-conditioning treatments
- Hair Infinity vitamins
- A hair trim
Hair Dryers: The Physics of Rapid Evaporation
The invention of the hair dryer has given hairstylists a powerful tool of the trade and the rest of us a quick way to dry soggy fireworks. Check out Groupon’s explanation of the science behind dry hair.
Given time, everything wet—even hair after a long shower—dries due to evaporation. When left to “air dry,” hair slowly loses its moisture as the air scoops it up and converts it to water vapor. Hair dryers speed up the drying process by blowing hot air over the wet hair—a process that works wonders thanks to two key principles of evaporation:
- Evaporation requires energy, and more energy—in this case, heat—helps break the bonds holding water molecules together more quickly; when those bonds are loose, the water changes states.
- A pocket of air can only hold a certain amount of vapor before it becomes saturated. Thus, blowing air over the hair increases the amount of air that can potentially pick up the vapor.
All hair dryers consist of an electric fan and a heating element. As the fan pushes air down the barrel, it passes over the heat and emerges as hot air. Though some models heat coils of wire with an electrical current, others have ceramic heating elements, which can dry hair more quickly by producing the more radiant, safer far-infrared heat. Lately, many stylists have begun to adopt ionic hair dryers, which expel hot air with a surplus of negatively charged ions, reducing static electricity and resulting in smoother hair.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Consultation required; non-candidates and other refund requests will be honored before service provided. Additional fees may apply depending on hair length, texture, and density. Valid only with Lakisha Carruth. Appointment required, same day appointments accepted. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Must present Groupon at time of service. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.