Seaweed is nature's duct tape—it works as well at holding together rolls of sushi as it does at quickly fixing a mermaid's broken bikini top. Keep it together with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $17.99 for $25 worth of sushi and Japanese food, redeemable Sunday–Wednesday anytime or Saturday lunch at the Rancho San Diego location
- $20 for $35 worth of sushi and Japanese food, redeemable Sunday–Thursday at the Santee location
- $20 for $35 worth of sushi and Japanese food, redeemable Friday or Saturday at the Santee location
- $40 for $75 worth of sushi and Japanese food, redeemable Sunday–Thursday at the Santee location
- $40 for $75 worth of sushi and Japanese food, redeemable Friday or Saturday at the Santee location
- See the full menu.
Tabu Sushi Bar & Grill
Because their art has a small and edible canvas, sushi chefs must specialize in precision. They pick tiny yet often intense ingredients, packaging them neatly together for the best visual and flavorful presentation. At Tabu Sushi Bar & Grill, the challenge of their task is doubled—they wield spicy add-ons whose heat must balance the crispness of the seafood. The spicy lobster roll, for example, tops its mix of lobster, cucumber, and avocado with a drizzle of Sriracha sauce. There's also the sushi burrito, one of several fusion appetizers that wraps shrimp tempura and crab in soy paper, primed for dipping in house salsa.
Stuffed jalapeños, sushi tostadas, and rolls with habanero sauce bespeak the restaurant's fascination with the southwest. Still, there are classic Japanese dishes to be had. Entrees of chicken katsu and miso-glazed Chilean sea bass make for filling dinners, whereas bento box and teriyaki bowl lunch specials satisfy afternoon cravings. Hand rolls package eel and salmon skin inside seaweed shaped like a cone hat, which the staff imports directly from mermaid parties.