Employment opportunities at Santa's workshop are highly desired positions, but they require a year's residency as a doll surgeon, Elvish as a second language, and a doctorate in advanced jack-in-the-box kinetics. Get a step closer to your seasonal dream job with today's Groupon to Tacoma Art Place: for $10, you can take part in one of the non-profit artporium's holiday gift-making classes, which includes a free day pass to the art center (a $30 value). Choose one of the following classes:
- Holiday Gift Making: Earrings & Bracelets—Wednesday, November 10, 6–8 p.m.; or Wednesday, December 1, 6–8 p.m. Jeweler Linda Danforth teaches beginner bead wizards how to create festive frills for wrists and hearing aids.
- Holiday Gift Making: Embellished Journals—Saturday, November 13, 11 a.m.–2 p.m. Create personalized presents by gilding notebooks in distinct themes such as "Flowering Gardens" or "Cured Meats of the World."
- Holiday Wreath & Swag Making—Saturday, December 4, 1–5 p.m. Green thumbs learn how to fill wire frames with freshly cut greenery to bedeck barren doors and windows with seasonal florae.
- Holiday Ornament Making—Thursday, December 9, 5–8 p.m. Populate domesticated conifers with baubles and treasures made from paper, fabric, or wire.
- Holiday Felt Ornament Workshop—Saturday, December 11, 11 a.m.–2 p.m. Children and parents unleash latent creativity on unsuspecting squares of felt, sewing them to form any design—be it a jolly Santa with his bag of toys or a moody gingerbread man holding a used copy of On The Road.
Tacoma Art Place is a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering creativity and artistic expression by providing access to art equipment and instruction to people of all ages and monetary means. All supplies are provided, and children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult to efficiently channel their preteen imaginations.
- …Tacoma Art Place seems already to be fulfilling its mission – to build community with art. – Rosemary Ponnekanti, The News Tribune
- TAP is a non-profit organization that offers low-cost studio time and equipment for people who would not ordinarily be able to afford such space or equipment on their own. – Clare Jensen, Tacoma Weekly
1116 S 11th
Tacoma, Washington 98405Get Directions