All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Choose from Four Options
- $80 for one-way airport service for up to four ($100 value)
- $100 for one-way airport service for up to six ($125 value)
- $160 for roundtrip airport service for up to four ($200 value)
- $200 for roundtrip airport service for up to six ($250 value)
####Four Things to Know About Taxi Meters
The numbers flashing on taxi meters represent more than just the distance between Point A and Point B. Read on to learn more about this perplexing dashboard accessory.
1. Taxi meters measure both distance and time. A sensor on the vehicle’s transmission keeps track of distance traveled, while a timer in the actual meter monitors passing time. Most cabs calculate fares based on a combination of these two metrics, ensuring a fair baseline for both riders and drivers.
2. Be mindful of add-ons. Though it varies by city, taxi meters may charge extra fees. These add-ons can include: riding with more than one passenger, traveling during rush hour, crossing state or city lines, or asking the driver to help you with more than just one bag of cement.
3. You don’t have to succumb to the flat-rate bias. Studies have shown that many people will choose a flat rate over a metered fee, even if the flat rate is more expensive—a phenomenon dubbed the flat-rate bias. It seems that the stress involved in not knowing how much a ride will cost is something people would pay money to avoid, but metered rides are often the smarter choice.
4. The receipt printer has a dark side. In standard cab meters, the receipt printer emits a fast-paced clicking as it publishes. This strange, mechanical noise served as inspiration for the producers of the TV show Lost, who incorporated it into the sound design for the island’s dreaded smoke monster.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. May be repurchased every 90 days. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. 24hr cancellation notice required. Must be 18 or older. Valid for up to 4 people per car; 6 people per SUV. Car seats and booster seats not provided. Valid only within 20 miles of Baltimore–Washington International Airport. Extra fees may apply for tolls. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.