Choose from Four Options
- $18 for two single-day general-admission tickets ($30 value)
- $29 for four single-day general-admission tickets ($60 value)
- $59.99 for two single-day VIP passes ($99.98 value)
- $69.99 for one two-day VIP pass ($99.99 value)
The festival takes place on Friday, December 5, and Saturday, December 6—keep an eye on the website for updated info. Each guest also gets a souvenir cup.
VIP passes include:
- Acting as a judge in the Best Tamales in Houston competition on 12/5 only
- Access to a VIP bar, tent, and bathroom
- Appetizers from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Access to a priority viewing area for stage shows
- Tamale sampling (Friday only, while supplies last)
Tamale Festival Houston
During Tamale Festival Houston, pop-up restaurants spring forth from the earth to serve Tex-Mex foods, including Texas barbecue from local pit masters and, of course, tamales. Celebrating Houston's diverse culture, the two-day event will also showcase non-edible talents with arts and crafts booths, live shows, and musical performances ranging from rock and country to R&B and tejano. Amidst all the action, a tamale-eating contest will determine the festival's hungriest attendee, and a Best Tamale competition will crown the city's top tamales based on their superior flavors, not just superficial criteria such as who's wearing the scantiest corn husk.