What You'll Get
Choose from Four Options
- $18 for two single-day general-admission tickets ($30 value)
- $29 for four single-day general-admission tickets ($60 value)
- $59.99 for two single-day VIP passes ($99.98 value)
- $69.99 for one two-day VIP pass ($99.99 value)
The festival takes place on Friday, December 5, and Saturday, December 6—keep an eye on the website for updated info. Each guest also gets a souvenir cup.
VIP passes include:
- Acting as a judge in the Best Tamales in Houston competition on 12/5 only
- Access to a VIP bar, tent, and bathroom
- Appetizers from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Access to a priority viewing area for stage shows
- Tamale sampling (Friday only, while supplies last)
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 6, 2014. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Not valid with other offers. Not valid for resale. Event held rain or shine. Must be 21+ with valid ID to consume alcohol. General-admission options valid for admission and souvenir cup only. Alcohol not included. Must present Groupon with all guests together upon entering. VIP benefits subject to availability and capacity. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Tamale Festival Houston
During Tamale Festival Houston, pop-up restaurants spring forth from the earth to serve Tex-Mex foods, including Texas barbecue from local pit masters and, of course, tamales. Celebrating Houston's diverse culture, the two-day event will also showcase non-edible talents with arts and crafts booths, live shows, and musical performances ranging from rock and country to R&B and tejano. Amidst all the action, a tamale-eating contest will determine the festival's hungriest attendee, and a Best Tamale competition will crown the city's top tamales based on their superior flavors, not just superficial criteria such as who's wearing the scantiest corn husk.