Learn basic flight maneuvers in an FAA-approved simulator before piloting an R22 helicopter over the scenic coast
About This Deal
- Certified flight instructor teaches the basic flight maneuvers and specialty operations, such as instrument training, emergency procedures, and waving at passing clouds. Then, in the pilot’s seat of a Robinson R22 helicopter, the instructor focuses on the takeoff, coastal flight, and landing processes from the passenger’s seat.
- This discovery flight can be logged toward flight time for a pilot’s license.
- What’s included:
- Up to 30 minutes of flight time in an R22 helicopter
- 30 minutes in the FlyIt helicopter flight simulator
- Must be 18 or older unless parent present.
- 200 lbs. max weight
- 6 feet, 4 inches height max.
Need To Know
About Tampa Bay Aviation
White sand beaches spread out into the distance, running into the cerulean-blue sea, where seaweed and fish can be seen drifting below the surface. Tree-studded islands and winding sandbars pass underneath, and a white suspension bridge stretches across the horizon like a length of thread. Tampa Bay Aviation's visitors take in these elevated, panoramic views of the Florida coastline from the passenger’s seat or behind the controls of an airplane or helicopter.
Its team of certified flight instructors and experienced commercial pilots operates a fleet of Cessna 172 and Piper Cherokee planes, Robinson R22 helicopters, and an FAA-approved helicopter simulator. During flight experiences and pilot-training programs, they let clients take the aircraft's controls without having to first duel the ghosts of the Wright brothers. They also take clients skyward for aerial surveys and photography sessions.