Without athletic combat, fans of high-impact mayhem must hire science people to make particles collide or return to driving school to unlearn parallel parking. Cherish the eminent legality of contact sports with today's Groupon: for $11, you get two adult tickets to a Tampa Bay Derby Darlins roller derby event (up to a $22.68 value). Choose from multiple matches:
- Black Widows vs. Switchblade Sisters on Saturday, April 9, at 7 p.m.
- Cigar City Mafia vs. Black Widows followed by Switchblade Sisters vs. Denim Demons on Saturday, May 7, at 7 p.m.
- Cigar City Mafia vs. Switchblade Sisters on Saturday, June 4, at 7 p.m.
- Black Widows vs. Switchblade Sisters on Saturday, July 9, at 7 p.m.
- Black Widows vs. Cigar City Mafia followed by Tampa Tantrums vs. Santa Cruz on Saturday, August 6, at 7 p.m.
- Cigar City Mafia vs. Switchblade Sisters on Saturday, September 10, at 7 p.m.
- The league season championship: Stache Bash II on Saturday, October 15, at 7 p.m.
The Tampa Bay Derby Darlins' teams bash up all comers and one another in intense, low-friction combat. Spectators catch the action at the Skateplex in Temple Terrace, where they may choose between safely sequestered viewing space or front-row "suicide seats," (18 and older only), which quicken pulses and energize parent-teacher conferences thanks to the possibility a crashing skater colliding into you. Root for a favorite team or skater nickname before settling into the high-velocity excitement of each bout where, in two 30-minute periods, jammers infiltrate the pack, blockers strive to keep rivals at bay, and both sides rush to the oft-occupied penalty box to share victory haikus.
5313 E Busch Blvd.
Tampa, Florida 33617Get Directions