Innovative water bikes and BiYaks combine the locomotion of bikes with the water-traversing power of boats
About This Deal
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your Groupon voucher to complete redemption.
- $39 for a 60-minute water bike rental for two, redeemable Monday-Thursday ($60 value) value)
Credit card required. Card will not be charged, but held as a deposit or as collateral.
About Tampa Bay Water Bike Co.
Tampa Bay Water Bike's water bikes and BiYaks are exactly what they sound like: fun, ingenious mashups of boat and bicycle that allow you to peddle out on the water much like you would an average bike trail. The BiYak looks like a kayak with pedals, while the water bike has a hight seat, handlebars, pedals, and even dry storage. In fact, the water bike is easier to ride than a regular bike, since it's mounted between two flotation points that keep riders perfectly balanced at all times. Check out these photos of the human-powered watercraft in action, then read our rundown below:
What You Need to Know
- Almost anyone can do it: Children as young as six can ride, and, no matter your age, Tampa Bay Water Bike's guide provide all the necessary briefing, safety equipment, and river navigation info.
- Dogs are allowed: Provided they wear a canine life vest, a dog can tag along on the ride.
- It's great exercise: Riding gives you a gentle, low-impact aerobic workout that engages the entire body.
- Bring some bait: Riders can fish from either a water bike or BiYak, provided they bring along their own gear.
- Get more answers by perusing Tampa Bay Water Bike's FAQ.