Much like cable television, sushi is addictive, brightly colored, and centered almost entirely on fish. See what’s in the tube with today’s Groupon to Tanko Asian Fusion & Sushi Bar in Bayside. Choose between the following options:
- For $29, you get a pan-Asian dinner for two (up to a $66 total value). The dinner includes:
- One appetizer (up to an $8 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $19 value each) or sushi combos with one regular and one specialty roll (up to a $24 value each)
- Two drinks (up to a $5 value each)<p>
- For $49, you get a pan-Asian dinner for four (up to a $132 total value). The dinner includes:
- Two appetizers (up to an $8 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $19 value each) or sushi combos with one regular and one specialty roll (up to a $24 value each)
- Four drinks (up to a $5 value each)<p>
Recalling the fast-paced urban atmosphere of Tokyo with clubby fluorescent lighting and a flock of black lacquered lanterns, the fish finaglers at Tanko craft a globe-spanning menu of excitingly presented Asiana. After forging a DIY centerpiece from appetizers such as chicken satay and pork- or veggie-packed gyoza, diners choose between hot Asian fusion entrees or a custom pairing of regular and specialty sushi rolls.
Black-pepper cube steak with mixed vegetables arrives still sizzling from the grill, and global influences synchronize their steps across the palate in a dish of sushi-grade tuna steak in balsamic sauce and sesame seeds. Archetypal rolls including lobster tempura and the dragon roll stand up to classical standards, and complex combinations test tongues’ IQs with choices such as the calamari dragon, its dragon-roll submarine entrapped by squid. Toast the harvest of the sea and another consecutive day without chopstick injuries with Japanese and Southeast Asian beverages including hot sake, thai iced tea, and pan-Pacific beers.