- $19 for a custom airbrush tanning session in Louisville ($35 value)
Using the same DHA-based formulas as most spray tans, airbrush tanning relies on the handiwork of an actual human technician, who mists the body with a high-pressure wand to ensure a precise, even application. The tech can touch up areas, blend colors, add definition, or even out skin-tone issues such as rosacea in ways that machines just can’t.
Tanquila Tanning Bar
What Sets them Apart
- Their airbrush artist received a certificate of achievement from Norvell University.
- Custom airbrush tans last 7–10 days.
- They use non-toxic products.
When and Where
- Mobile tans can take place in a home, office, or other location of your choice.
- Appointments can be scheduled Friday–Sunday.
Tips for Your Tan
- Before: Shower, exfoliate, and avoid applying any lotions.
- After: Wait a while before showering or exercising.
A Chat with Tanquila Tanning Bar
What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from the competition?
I work with Norvell formulations. They offer a beautiful instant bronze with a smooth transition to a natural DHA tan. Included are skin firming agents that reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well as highly-concentrated antioxidant blends that combat the daily signs of skin damage.
What was the inspiration to start or run this business?
Tanquila Tanning Bar was inspired by bartending and entertaining on Louisville's renowned 4th St Live!
What do you love most about your job?
The feeling I get when I finish a session knowing my clients are leaving happy and looking fabulous.
What is the best reaction you've ever gotten from a customer?
That the all around service was so good, they refuse to go anywhere else. The small business experience is more personal.