Wine-tasting technique demands that you first swirl the glass, then take a sip, and then very slowly dribble wine down your chin so that the rest of your body can taste it. Imbibe elegance with this Groupon.
$37 for a Deluxe Wine-Tasting Package for Two ($105.50 Value)
- Two tastings of five wines (a $13 value)
- Two full glasses of any wine (a $13 value)
- Winemaker presentation about wine appreciation (a $13 value)
- Two bottles of Tarpon Springs Castle Winery reserve wine: one red, one white (a $50 value)
- Two keepsake glasses (a $13 value)
- One “Lock Your Love” padlock to lock on a wrought-iron gate in an old European tradition (a $3.50 value)
Tarpon Springs Castle Winery
The joint vision of husband and wife team Joseph and Diana Marks, Tarpon Springs Castle Winery, nestled in the heart of Tarpon Springs' national historical district, transports visitors to Old-World Europe, where each bottle of wine is handcrafted, from the crush to the label. Modeled after an 1820 federal building to look 97 years old and conform with the historical district's regulations, the winery's New Orleans-style, private botanical garden and courtyard, fountains, and wrought-iron gazebo take visitors back in time, but then quickly send them forward again before they have time to un-invent electricity. Trips to the homey and spacious tasting room give visitors a chance to sip wines that range from a clean, fruity blush to a dry, oaked cabernet sauvignon. The winery also features a gift shop.