What You'll Get
What draws humanity so consistently to eat food—besides the adrenaline rush of competitive-eating contests—is the pleasant sensation of taste. Today’s Groupon tastefully honors your taste buds: $5 gets you $10 worth of food and drink at Taste Cafe, a Safety Harbor institution serving up customizable dishes that can easily meet any dietary requirement or overwhelming fruit phobia.
Once known as Buds, a quaint restaurant for friends only, Taste has grown into an area staple for flavor and tasteful artistic behavior (that means no naked, screaming performance art until you're back in the cab). The welcoming atmosphere at Taste invites musicians and artists to share their work on the walls and perform at Friday and Saturday evening concerts; the effect is a lovely dining experience. Taste’s constantly changing and always customizable menus feature delicious lunch options such as the vegetarian Other Daughter sandwich (mozzarella, goat cheese, tomato, and roasted red pepper, $6.99) and the tongue-in-cheekily fancy pants le Cheekon (grilled chicken, apple, Brie, and honey butter as a sandwich, wrap, pita pizza, or salad, $7.29).
The bistro supper menu features tastetastical tapas such as the tabouli, hummus, and eggplant plate ($5), and hot dishes such as the chicken marsala ($10) and Hungarian sausage over brown rice ($10). Finish off any meal with one of Michelle’s famous desserts, baked on location and constantly rotated to keep pastry saboteurs and industry spies baffled.
Gourmet brunch on Sunday is happy to make the most of your weekend. And if you have excited drumming fingers that infuriate coworkers and smoosh multitudes of innocent aphids, Wednesday evenings from 6 p.m.–9 p.m. invite you to the Taste Café courtyard drum circle for an ode to syncopated beat-keeping. Taste celebrates humanity’s gift for receiving the most delicious of sensory inputs, and with art for the eyes, music for the ears, and mystery-object games for the hands, they’ve managed to celebrate the most useful of the senses.
TripAdvisors give four stars:
- There was so many choices on their menu it was hard to make a decision! We all ended up getting soups and sandwiches and they were all delicious. – legallyblonde63, TripAdvisor
- First of all, the staff is so friendly! They have a great, creative menu of amazing sandwiches and have homemade special plates you need to ask about. – renh, TripAdvisor
What Are You in the Mood For?
Picking what type of food you are in the mood for is one of the hardest decisions we make every day. Here’s a quick guide:
- If you crave rich Italian tomato sauces, Italian bread, and Italian pasta sauce, you’re in the mood to eat lunch.
- If you crave customizable fun for all ages, you’re in the mood to eat legos.
- If you crave pungent artificial blueberries, you’re in the mood for whiteboard markers.
- If you crave dense brown breads and beer, you are an extra on the British TV show ‘Allo ‘Allo!.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 16, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per table, 1 per visit. No cash back. Tax and gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.