All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Lingering too long at a single restaurant results in legs falling asleep, food going cold, and the maitre d’ building a nest from patrons’ belongings. Dodge stagnant dining with today’s Groupon from Taste of New Haven. Choose between the following options:
- For $45, you get a 3-hour Westville culinary tour for two (up to a $90 value). Choose from the following tours:
- Friday, December 2, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, December 11, at noon
- Friday, December 16, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, December 18, at noon
- Friday, January 6, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, January 22, at noon
- Sunday, January 29, at noon<p>
- For $55, you get a 3.5-hour Canal Quarter culinary tour for two (up to a $110 value). Choose from the following tours:
- Saturday, November 19, at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, November 26, at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, December 3, at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, December 10, at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, January 7, at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, January 14, at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, January 21, at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, January 28, at 3 p.m.
Colin M. Caplan, a multitalented local archivist, architect, author, and epicure, parades guests through a series of sensory and educational adventures on Taste of New Haven’s excursions. Tours of the flavor-steeped Westville neighborhood disembark from the intersection of West Rock Avenue and Whalley Avenue and head to a tasting at Westville Wines on Friday evening and to the CitySeed Farmers’ Market on Sunday. Both three-hour tours meander through New Haven’s thriving jungle of bistros and breweries, pausing to photograph the occasional brachiating gourmand. With a full lineup of stops, patrons may alight at locales such as Delaney’s Tap Room and Lyric Hall Antiques & Conservation or nibble on Caribbean-infused Spanish tapas at Manjares Fine Pastries and Tapas Bar or artisan Italian treats at Gelato Giuliana at Frio.
Experience a litany of other flavors on the Canal Quarter tour, which strolls through bucolic thoroughfares and visits locations nestled in an old iron foundry. After launching from the Audubon Street Bridge, the tour meanders through a loaded itinerary, sampling the globe at the Vietnamese Pot au Pho and the Cuban Zafra RumBar, cavorting with cheesemongers at Caseus, and landing in the beery Emerald Isle at Anna Liffey’s. Taste of New Haven provides walkers with a reusable shopping bag, allowing them to preserve a pleasing memento of the mouth-watering gambol alongside plaster casts of drumsticks.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for date and option purchased. 48hr cancellation notice or $20 fee may apply. Subject to weather. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.