Choose Between Two Options
- $15 for Taste of Ethiopia samplers for two (up to $30 value)
- $30 for Taste of Ethiopia samplers for four (up to $60 value)
Each person receives their choice of sampler:
- A combination of three items from beef, poultry, lamb, or vegetarian entrees
- A combination of four items from beef, poultry, lamb, or vegetarian entrees
- A combination of up to five items from vegetarian entrees
Taste of Ethiopia
While you could just have a typical meal out at Taste of Ethiopia, you could also seize the opportunity to go for the full Ethiopian experience. Although there are restaurant-style tables, diners can also gather around one of several mesobs, or colorful wicket-basket-like platforms that are about 4 feet tall and hold serving trays. Communal dishes are placed atop these trays, and guests, who sit on cowhide-covered stools called berchumas, use their hands or pieces of injera—spongy sourdough flatbread—to pick up their food.
Owner Mesrak takes great care to reproduce this traditional Ethiopian style of dining. Her effort extends to the menu, whose starring entrees are wats, or thick stews prepared with a variety of meats, vegetables, and spices, and the tartare-like kifto. Stews and other dishes are ladled onto a tray lined with injera so the entire party can dig in. And diners who decide to sit at a mesob should also extend their culinary adventure to their after-dinner coffee. If you order it at the beginning of the meal, Mesrak will perform an elaborate Ethiopian coffee ceremony using a beautiful pottery coffee pot known as a jebena.