What You Get
- $45 for a seasonally inspired dinner for two (up to $63 value)
- $85 for a seasonally inspired dinner for four (up to $126 value)
A reservation on Groupon is required before purchase. The dinner includes the following for each pair:
- One starter (up to $13 value)
- Two entrees (up to $25 value each)
See the full menu.
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Buy & Book” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal
- Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation
- Select day and time online to secure reservation
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
Tavern On South
On the second-story balcony of a century-old brick building, diners at Tavern On South find their meals illuminated by a blend of moonlight and the glowing Indianapolis skyline. The tavern might also be within walking distance of Lucas Oil Stadium—100 feet, to be exact—but its upscale ambiance and seasonal menu subverts what you'd expect from your typical sports bar.
A Dining Room with a View
As noted by Indianapolis Monthly in 2011, the interior's wooden accents and iconic photos of the city "lend the tavern a timeless patina." It's a somewhat modern, toned-down take on a typical pub look, with granite bartops and exposed brick. When the weather's balmy, a meal on the patio offers unmatched views of the skyline.
Seasonal ingredients and creative flavors give Tavern on South's traditional offerings unexpected twists. Buffalo wings are made from Maple Leaf Farms duck rather than chicken, and hefty burgers are crafted from house-smoked bison. Even the meatloaf is made from prime rib.
Craft Beer and Cocktails At the bar, the craft beers on draft change with what's available from local breweries, but patrons can also find favorites from Flat 12 and Sun King Osiris by the bottle. The tavern's habit of bucking tradition also carries over to signature cocktails, such as the Cucumber Collins and a mai tai made with spiced rum.