What You'll Get
Choose from Four Options
- $15 for a one-way trip to Raleigh International Airport ($35 value)
- $29 for a round trip to Raleigh International Airport ($70 value)
- $69 for a one-Way trip to Charlotte Airport ($175 value)
- $135 for a round trip to Charlotte Airport ($350 value)
Four Things to Know About Taxi Meters
The numbers flashing on taxi meters represent more than just the distance between Point A and Point B. Read on to learn more about this perplexing dashboard accessory.
1. Taxi meters measure both distance and time. A sensor on the vehicle’s transmission keeps track of distance traveled, while a timer in the actual meter monitors passing time. Most cabs calculate fares based on a combination of these two metrics, ensuring a fair baseline for both riders and drivers.
2. Be mindful of add-ons. Though it varies by city, taxi meters may charge extra fees. These add-ons can include: riding with more than one passenger, traveling during rush hour, crossing state or city lines, or asking the driver to help you with more than just one bag of cement.
3. You don’t have to succumb to the flat-rate bias. Studies have shown that many people will choose a flat rate over a metered fee, even if the flat rate is more expensive—a phenomenon dubbed the flat-rate bias. It seems that the stress involved in not knowing how much a ride will cost is something people would pay money to avoid, but metered rides are often the smarter choice.
4. The receipt printer has a dark side. In standard cab meters, the receipt printer emits a fast-paced clicking as it publishes. This strange, mechanical noise served as inspiration for the producers of the TV show Lost, who incorporated it into the sound design for the island’s dreaded smoke monster.
About Taxi Taxi
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Valid only within 15 miles of zip code 27606. Reservation required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Must use promotion value in 1 visit. Valid only for option purchased. Outside of the 15 miles of the zip code 27606 is an extra $10.00. Only applicable for Taxi Taxi 100. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.