Choose Between Two Options
- $14.99 for a distillery tour and tasting for two with rocks glasses ($28 value)
- $28.99 for a distillery tour and tasting for four with rocks glasses ($52 value)
Tours are offered Wednesday–Sunday from noon to 6 p.m. Tastings and tours are held as guests arrive, and on busier days, they occur every 30 minutes. Each person leaves the tour with a Tenth Ward rocks glass.
Tenth Ward Distilling Company
Tenth Ward Distilling Company's name pays homage to its history. In the late 19th century, the city of Frederick was divided into 13 districts. The East Church Street structure currently occupied by the distillery was located in the Tenth Ward, an industrial tannery area known for its grit. In that vein, the distillery's founders—Monica Pearce and Kyle Pfalzer—have adopted the slogan "Ward off ordinary" with their selection of offbeat spirits made with locally sourced ingredients.
- Applejack: Tenth Ward takes fermented cider from McCutcheon’s, a fourth-generation apple producer in Frederick, and ages it in bourbon barrels with toasted apple wood to create a sweet American-style brandy.
- Claude Countee corn whiskey: Named after a local bootlegger, this white-dog whiskey is made with ingredients from West Virginia, including corn that's smoked using a secret recipe.
- White caraway rye spirit: Maryland produces some delicious rye whiskeys, including this one, which adds caraway seeds to its mash for a savory spirit with earthy, bready flavors.