Golfers learn to see clubs as extensions of their own bodies by learning to eat soup with sand wedges and caressing their spouses’ faces with putters. Foster club familiarity with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $51 for a golf outing for two (up to a $102 total value)
- $99 for a golf outing for four (up to a $204 total value)<p>
Both options include the following for each player:
- 18-hole round of golf, including cart rental (up to a $40/person value)
- Bucket of driving-range balls (a $3 value each)
- Lunch combo consisting of a burger with a side of fries or chips (an $8 value each)<p>
Texas National Golf Club’s rates fluctuate during the day and throughout the week, and they sometimes offer online discounts and specials.<p>
Texas National Golf Course
When course architect Jack Miller roamed the unsown acreage that would become Texas National Golf Course, he saw an opportunity to pay homage to golf’s most hallowed grounds. Groves of skinny pines and mature dogwoods and dramatically undulating terrain bore the elegant trademarks of Augusta National Golf Club—the famed site of The Masters—right down to Indian Camp Creek, which is incorporated into the 11th and 12th holes in a scenic invocation of Amen Corner. Though aesthetically similar, the 6,806-yard layout spares golfers the immensely difficult nature of Augusta, presenting a par 72 that is playable for both low-handicappers and those still studying to pass their golf-cart driving exam.
The course development coincided with the founding of the Texas Golf Hall of Fame, which since 1978 has occupied the clubhouse at Texas National. The Hall celebrates Texas's illustrious golf history with life-size portraits of famous players, ranging from 62-time PGA Tour winner Ben Hogan to Lee Trevino, whose decorated career includes winning 29 PGA Tour titles and paving the way for Jack Nicklaus with a brand-new asphalt driveway for his birthday.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 layout
- Length of 6,806 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 71.4 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 127 from the farthest tees
- Four tee options