Golfers learn to see clubs as extensions of their own bodies by learning to eat soup with sand wedges and caressing their spouses’ faces with putters. Foster club familiarity with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $35 for a round of golf for two at Goose Creek Country Club (up to a $70 value)
- $60 for a round of golf for four at Goose Creek Country Club (up to a $140 value)
- $40 for a round of golf for two at Texas National Golf Club (up to an $86 value)
- $70 for a round of golf for four at Texas National Golf Club (up to a $172 value)
- $45 for a round of golf for two at Country Place Golf Club (up to a $96 value)
- $80 for a round of golf for four at Country Place Golf Club (up to a $192 value)<p>
Each outing includes a large bucket of range balls for each person and one cart rental for each twosome or two cart rentals for each foursome.
_Though this merchant sometimes offers a discounted price online, this Groupon is still the best deal available._ _Rates fluctuate throughout the week._
Texas National Golf Course
When course architect Jack Miller roamed the unsown acreage that would become Texas National Golf Course, he saw an opportunity to pay homage to golf’s most hallowed grounds. Groves of skinny pines and mature dogwoods and dramatically undulating terrain bore the elegant trademarks of Augusta National Golf Club—the famed site of The Masters—right down to Indian Camp Creek, which is incorporated into the 11th and 12th holes in a scenic invocation of Amen Corner. Though aesthetically similar, the 6,806-yard layout spares golfers the immensely difficult nature of Augusta, presenting a par 72 that is playable for both low-handicappers and those still studying to pass their golf-cart driving exam.
The course development coincided with the founding of the Texas Golf Hall of Fame, which since 1978 has occupied the clubhouse at Texas National. The Hall celebrates Texas's illustrious golf history with life-size portraits of famous players, ranging from 62-time PGA Tour winner Ben Hogan to Lee Trevino, whose decorated career includes winning 29 PGA Tour titles and paving the way for Jack Nicklaus with a brand-new asphalt driveway for his birthday.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 layout
- Length of 6,806 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 71.4 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 127 from the farthest tees
- Four tee options
83% of 168 customers recommend
“Fun course. Far away, but we practically had the course to ourselves on a Saturday afternoon.”
“Greens are fast. Putt lightly.”
“Nice low-key course. We are by no means expert players and this course was very nice for us.”