Like Shakira, a fluid golf swing harnesses snappy hip movements to catch the eyes of passersby. Brush up on your swing physics with today’s Groupon to SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas. Choose between two options:
- For $80, you get an hour-long private lesson for two people and a one-month Player's Club Membership (a $160 value).
- For $70, you get an hour-long private lesson for one person and a one-month Player's Club Membership (a $140 value).
With this Groupon, you will also receive a one-time play for only $17, good anytime Monday through Thursday.
While skills such as infectious charm and driving in Jersey cannot be taught, an effective golf game arises through winning instruction and practice. To kick off your month-long membership with confidence, schedule your hour-long private session with Director of Instruction Rob Myers, PGA. During the lesson, your beloved swing will be videotaped and thoughtfully analyzed for individualized training and tips for improving your game. Then practice your newly tuned swing at the driving range and on the fairway with a one-month SilverHorn Player's Club Membership (a $45 value). Membership grants you unlimited use of the driving range during range hours, access to the course during twilight hours sans greens fees (a $17 cart fee still applies), admittance to members-only clinics, and discounts on merchandise sold in the pro shop.
SilverHorn Golf Club is a daily-fee, upscale par 72 course offering beautiful Hill Country scenery and challenges for all skill and reading levels. The course's arbor-framed fairways, strategic placement of sand and water, contoured greens, and signature golf-ball holes can be credited to designer Randy Heckenkemper, along with PGA-tour professionals Willie Wood and Scott Verplank. Together, they created a course that will paint marvelous memories on your musculature and leave well-landscaped snapshots in the scrapbook of your mind. Call ahead to schedule your private lesson or to reserve a tee time.
- The greens are excellent. Narrow fairways, require accurate drives. Course tee boxes, roughs and fairways in excellent shape for the time of year and being a public course. Would play again and strongly recommend to others. – Yahoo! Traveler on 01/16/2009
- This is a very nice golf course in the Texas Hill County. If you like playing courses with lots of relief then this is the course for you. The greens, while we were there, were in good shape and the fairways were great. – Geoff G., Insider Pages
SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas
Most courses have one signature hole. SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas has two—one for both nines—and both provide a window into the landscape-savvy brains of Randy Heckenkemper and PGA Tour pros Willie Wood and Scott Verplank, the trio responsible for this 6,922-yard, par 72 course design. At the par-five sixth hole, a 20-acre lake hugs the left side of a 556-yard dog-leg left, making any attempt to shorten the hole by cutting the corner a daring proposition. The inventive use of water hazards—a recurring feature throughout the course—returns on the par-four 15th hole, where two stone-lined creeks cross in front of the green, demanding a strategic approach shot or an amphibious golf cart. Tree-lined fairways and contoured greens characterize the rest of the 18-hole layout, which offers four tees to appeal to golfers of all abilities.
The Club also offers a driving range that serves as the grassy classroom for The Academy at SilverHorn Golf Club, where Director of Instruction Rob Myers and a staff of PGA pros and apprentices offer lessons. Lessons cover everything from putting form to swing mechanics to learning specialty shots, such as drawing the ball off the tee or chipping it discreetly into your rival’s beverage.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Length of 6,922 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 73.4 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 138 from the farthest tees
- Four tee options