All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
Exploding stars, unfathomable distances, diamond planets, and black holes- there’s no way around it, space is mind-blowingly, fantastically awesome. It’s all waiting to be explored at the Adler Planetarium.
- $59 for a one-year individual membership, valid for one cardholder and one guest ($89 value)
- $79 for a one-year family membership, valid for two cardholders and all children in household ($129 value)
- Unlimited free general admission and theater tickets, including the Adler’s latest skyshow, Planet Nine, and favorites like Destination Solar System, One World, One Sky: Big Bird’s Adventure
- 15% discount in the Adler Store and a 10% discount in Café Galileo’s on every visit, plus double discount days throughout the year
- Invitations to exclusive member events and VIP access to new shows
- Complimentary Historic Atwood Sphere Experience
- Discounted tickets to one of the best after-hours events in the city: Adler After Dark (which sells out each month), Astro-Overnights, and select Adler programs
- Members-only admission line and free coat check
- Subscription to the AdlerStar Member Magazine, which is printed and mailed quarterly as well as monthly e-news
- Free general admission at participating ASTC science centers and museums nationwide
- Click to view a full list of member benefits
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 31, 2016. Amount paid never expires. Memberships expire 12/31/17; activation required by 12/31/16. Membership option not valid for customers who have had an active membership within the past 6 months. Limit 1 per person, may buy 3 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per household. Valid only for option purchased. Not valid for category exchanges. May not be combined with other offers or promotions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
About The Adler Planetarium
Explore space at America’s first planetarium! With two domed theaters featuring breathtaking sky shows, 60,000 square feet of exhibitions offering hands-on, minds-on activities and the Doane Observatory’s research quality telescope, spend a day seeing why “Space is Freaking Awesome.”
- Eye Catcher: Earth's neighbors and one massive yellow Sun hang overhead in Our Solar System, which also includes a meteorite that crashed into the basement of an Illinois resident and a replica of the Mars rover. The Adler is the only place where visitors can touch a piece of the Moon, Mars, and three different asteroids under one roof.
- Permanent Mainstay: The Historic Atwood Sphere, Chicago's oldest planetarium, where guests can step under a steel dome to view the night sky as it appeared in 1913 thanks to 692 drilled holes.
- Hands-On Experiments: In the Community Design Lab guests are encouraged to design, build, test and explore. Think (and act) like a scientist as they tackle one of our design challenges using unconventional items like marshmallows, duct tape, and popsicle sticks.
- Hidden Gem: Doane Observatory houses the largest publicity accessible telescope in the Chicagoland area. The Doane can gather over 5,000 times more light than an unaided human eye, allowing guests to see celestial objects like the Moon, planets, stars, and galaxies that are trillions of miles away.
- Don't Miss: Planet Nine! The Adler’s newest sky show follows “Pluto-Killer” Mike Brown and his team of scientists at CalTech as they hunt for a planet that may be hiding in plain sight. Something big is out there lurking at the very edge of our Solar System and could very well be the new ninth planet.
- Special Programs: Every third Thursday of the month, Adler After Dark allows space enthusiasts, 21+ open access, unlimited shows, unique entertainment and programming with cocktails in hand. Young Explorers Mondays gives pint-sized space cadets the chance to explore the museum and participate in hands-on activities designed to spark their curiosity.
Why Adler After Dark is one of Chicago's hottest tickets. (Psst: you can save $5 with an Adler membership.)