Choose Between Two Options
- $13for general admission for two, redeemable Thursday, March 26 or Friday, March 27 ($36value)
- $15for general admission for two, redeemable any day ($36value)
- View the schedule
The Affordable Art Fair
The Affordable Art Fair nearly manages to fit the entire world of contemporary art into a sprawling—yet walkable—space. There will be over 1,000 local and international artists represented in galleries full of sculptures, paintings, photographs, and other media in every imaginable style. In fact, there are only three big requirements for the fair: every artist represented must be living, all work must be original, and everything must be priced below $10,000.
Visitors shouldn't be intimidated by that top price tag, though. Fair founder Will Ramsay and his team want to make art accessible to as many people as possible, so they amass pieces priced as low as $100. They also encourage art newbies and experts alike to attend and explore the works of established artists, emerging artists, and recent art graduates. Kids and adults might even uncover their own hidden talents during onsite art workshops.
- Bring paper and a pen, pencil, or fine-tipped paintbrush in order to note down favorite pieces as you wander.
- Ask the exhibiting artists questions about their works—you'll have a story to share later if you buy a piece.
- Check out the programming to see what free panels and tours to join.
- Check out this video primer for more details on what to expect.
The Metropolitan Pavilion
125 West 18th Street
Between 6th and 7th Avenues
New York, NY 10011Get Directions