In a proper tasting, wine must be held up to the light to gauge its color, tossed on a cat’s back to judge its acidity, and sipped through a crazy straw to annoy the host. Become the toast of any tasting with today’s Groupon to the Sommelier and Wine Studies Program at The International Culinary School of The Art Institute of Vancouver . Choose between the following options:
- For $199, you get admission to a five-week Foundation in Wine and Wine Service course (a $495 value).
- For $299, you get a Foundation in Wine and Wine Service course package (a $685 total value, including tax) that includes the following:
- Admission to the five-week Foundation in Wine and Wine Service course (a $495 value)
- A take-home wine kit (a $120 value, including tax)
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Foundation Certificate in Wines exam (a $70 value, including tax)<p>
Classes are held at The International Culinary School in The Canaccord Tower, Pacific Center. The five-week course runs every Thursday from November 10 to December 8, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The Art Institute of Vancouver’s Sommelier and Wine Studies Program immerses fledgling oenophiles in the Dionysian arts with a five-week Foundation in Wine and Wine Service entry-level course helmed by expert instructors. A series of interactive activities afford participants the chance for hands-on enlightenment while expounding upon a variety of vino-centric topics including wine types and styles, wine tasting, food and wine pairings, and which varietal responds best to vigorous bubble blowing. Pupils emerge from the course equipped with a solid foundation of knowledge that promotes confident sipping, along with a refined wine service prowess that enables graceful glass filling. Those opting for the whole course package employ their newly minted libation savvy as they write their wine certification exam in the hopes of scooping up a WSET Foundation Certificate in Wines and an autographed picture of their favourite grape.
300-609 Granville St.
Vancouver, British Columbia V7Y 1G5