What You'll Get
Knowing how to dance, like owning a handkerchief, being good at archery, and resisting the urge to draw mustaches on babies, is a mark of a true gentleman. Up your genthood with today’s Groupon to The Art of Dance in downtown McKinney. Choose from three options:
- For $90, you get six weeks of Marriage Enrichment Dance Classes (a $185 value).
- For $40, you get any four-week beginner dance for couples (up to a $96 value).
- For $20, you get any four-week individual beginner dance class (up to a $48 value).
The Art of Dance is run by 23-year veteran dance instructor Kathleen Kendrick, who pulls from years of experience to instill the essence of rhythm and a dose of confidence into the hearts of novice dancers. Marriage Enrichment Dance Classes is a six-week program that meets for an hour every Friday at 7 p.m. to teach basic dance skills while improving relationships through quality time, communication, and physical touch. The Friday night slot encourages couples to take advantage of the studio's downtown McKinney location, allowing for a dinner date or parking lot poker game before or after class. Beginner group dance classes, open to couples or individuals, are offered in ballroom, country western, and Latin styles (schedules here).
Though The Art of Dance sometimes offers a discounted price online, this Groupon still offers the best deal available.
- The lessons , the owner & all the friends we have met there over the last 2 years, has truly enriched our marriage. After 18 years of marriage we finally REALLY dance together. It feels GREAT ! – A Google Maps user on 11/14/10
- The proverbial two left feet fits me perfectly. If they can teach me how to dance, feel confident they can teach you. – Ausenbaugh, Citysearch
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 5, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1/person or couple, may buy multiple as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Registration req'd. Cancellation policy applies. Must activate by 8/5/11, must use all classes within 1 month. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Art of Dance
Kathleen Catallo is no stranger to the graceful flourishes of ballroom dance. In fact, she’s spent more than two decades of her life perfecting them at the professional level. At The Art of Dance, Catallo has drawn on this experience to create a Marriage Enrichment Through Dance course tailored specifically to couples. As they learn fundamental ballroom steps in these sessions, spouses strengthen their relationships and have fun instead of spending another Friday searching for doubloons in the junk drawer.