Choose Between Two Options
- $119 for a weekend workshop for one ($200 value)
- $199 for a weekend workshop for two ($400 value)
Workshops run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday (with a one-hour lunch break) and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday on select weekends. Students can choose from the following workshops:
- Stained glass: Get a basic introduction to stained glass while making two sun catchers.
- Fused glass: Form luminous, giftable magnets and jewelry by fusing colored glass shapes.
- Mosaics: After creating a mosaic frame for a beveled mirror, you’ll leave with the know-how needed to keep making mosaics at home.
Use of tools and materials are included. For safety, all students should wear close-toed shoes, and glass-fusing students should wear cotton clothing. Call for upcoming class dates.
The Art of Glass
The art of stained glass is at least 13 centuries old. The Art of Glass hasn't been around for quite that long, but it's still got an impressive history—it's been helping stained-glass artists cultivate their craft since 1973. In addition to selling supplies and guarding against wayward baseballs, its expert artists teach students to create their own stained glass, fused-glass art, and mosaics. Once they've gained some basic skills, they can peruse the studio's tools and materials and start crafting at home or in the shop, where studio time and kiln space can be rented.