Muscle weighs more than fat, making retired bodybuilders nature’s best paperweights. Get buff and avoid scattered utility bills with this Groupon.
$59 for a One-Month Gym Membership ($119 Value)
- Valid at the Innes Road or Trainyards Drive locations
- 24-hour access to hundreds of strength and cardio machines
- Unlimited group fitness classes in specialized studios
- Flying yoga classes in silk AntiGravity hammocks
- Women-only areas include Xpress circuit-training area and pool
- Saltwater pool reduces eye irritation and leaves skin soft
- Lecture series, fitness-assessment system, and other benefits
- Check out the online class schedule for class times.<p>
The Athletic Club
The Athletic Club strives to help burn-feelers of all abilities attain their fitness goals with a plenitude of fitness classes and equipment, keeping their doors open until midnight through most of the week. Patrons enjoy access to an array of luxurious amenities, including a spacious multisport gymnasium and a child-care centre. A club tour familiarizes newcomers with the facility's sprawling layout. Hearts get ticking on the club’s 160 pieces of well-maintained cardio equipment—outfitted with individual televisions—and over 200 weekly group fitness classes helmed by expert instructors that encourage participants to box, cycle, and Pilates their bodies into sweat-gilded temples.
A unique AntiGravity yoga class employs a silk hammock to help sun saluters as they strike inverted poses and make shadow puppets with their toes. Pellucid saltwater pools accommodate leisurely lap swimming and experiments testing the buoyancy of various cheeses, and a separate women’s-only aquatic area offers an array of aqua-fit classes that sculpt muscles with subaqueous exercises such as pool-noodle wrestling. After a workout, gym-goers can revel in the soothing vapours of the steam and dry saunas in the changing rooms or mill about the WiFi-enabled Members Only lounge. The Athletic Club contributes to global and local nonprofits, expanding the reach of its health initiative from gym members to those in need.