Housed in a historic Art Deco space, The Bass presents contemporary art through changing exhibitions and a robust permanent collection.
About This Deal
- Adult admission is valid for ages 18 and up and child admission for ages under 18.
- Free admission for children under 6.
- Free docent-led tours available on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Onsite cafeteria: yes
- Amenities: free Wi-Fi
- By car: metered parking available around the museum, nearby parking garages are located at 18th Street and Meridian Avenue, 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, and 20th Street and Liberty Avenue
- By bus: routes 103, 112, 113, 119, 120, 123, and 150; stop at Collins & 21st or Collins & 22nd
- By trolley: Middle Beach Loop, Stop at Collins Park
Need To Know
About The Bass Museum of Art
Miami Beach’s contemporary art museum presents mid-career and established contemporary artists, through changing exhibitions and a robust permanent collection. The exhibition program encompasses a wide range of media and artistic points of view that bring new thought to the diverse cultural context of Miami Beach.
The historic and newly renovated Art Deco space also houses an education facility, cafe by Thierry Isambert and museum shop.
Central to the museum’s mission, The Bass maintains a vigorous education program for lifelong learning and visitors of all ages. The Bass IDEAS education initiative uses art as a catalyst for creativity and positive growth, especially in the area of early childhood education. The active school program led by the City of Miami Beach called STEAM+, takes The Bass IDEAS off-site by engaging children in Miami-Dade County Public Schools and integrating arts education into the curriculum.