Ordering multiple food items prevents midmeal boredom, thereby eliminating the need for postappetizer conga lines. Keep bellies entertained with today’s Groupon to The Big Ugly. Choose between the following options:
- For $18, you get a Cajun-infused meal for two (up to a $37 value) that includes the following:
- Two entrees (up to a $13 value each)
- Two draft beers (up to a $2.50 value each)
One dessert (up to a $6 value)
- For $34, you get a Cajun-infused meal for four (up to a $74 value) that includes the following:
- Four entrees (up to a $13 value each)
- Four draft beers (up to a $2.50 value each)
- Two desserts (up to a $6 value each)
The Big Ugly’s menu synthesizes small plates of Cajun-centric fare with a fully stocked bar and the spinning sounds of house DJs. Diners can recall summer nights spent gadding about New Orleans by munching on shrimp étouffée, a medley of shrimp and dirty rice stewed with peppers, onions, and garlic, or stifle angsty hunger pangs with fried-green tomatoes layered with goat cheese, homemade marinara, and capped with parmesan and parsley. Alligator bites fried in the Cajun tradition arrive at tables served with chipotle mayo, perfect for practicing gator wrestling in a controlled setting, and French-style beignets pluck the mouth’s heartstrings with fluffy fried cakes slathered in powdered sugar, whip cream, and berries.
The Big Ugly’s dim interior lighting casts a romantic mood on an elegantly elongated bar and hardwood floors. Duos or foursomes can quaff a Fat Tire or Magic Hat #9 on the open-air outdoor patio, replete with its own bar, while relaxing or listening to the witty banter of nearby wood nymphs.
The Congaree Vista
931 Senate St.
Columbia, South Carolina 29201Get Directions