Though the Scottish shepherds who invented golf liked it for its challenges, Scottish sheep liked it because it gave them ample time to nap in shepherds’ pickup trucks. Find your own reason to enjoy golf with this Groupon.
$30 for $60 Worth of Greens Fees and Cart Fees
The 18-hole greens and cart fees range from $81 per person to $111 per person, with 9-hole rounds offered at half the 18-hole rate. View 2013-season golf rates here.
Designed by golf legend Arnold Palmer, The BOG’s 7,221-yard layout sprawls across 297 acres of tree-lined fairways, wetlands, and rolling, mounded terrain. The well-bunkered course incorporates all of the native surroundings into one seamless, award-winning layout, in which golfers must send balls somersaulting over intervening water hazards, avoid sprawling thickets of native tall grasses, and resist the urge to forsake humanity in favor of the vibrant ecosystem of the Cedarburg Bog, which forms a natural border on multiple fairways. Hole 17—a par 5 that forms the longest and most demanding hole on the course—embodies many of the course’s distinct characteristics, as stick-flickersclubbers drive from a low, water-kissed tee-box before climbing an uphill, 593-yard split fairway that doglegs left around sprawling waste hazard areas and into a green fortified by six bunkers and mounded rough. A duo of PGA-certified instructors roam throughout the course and its adjacent driving range, imparting score-shaving advice in lessons and fending off rogue windmills hoping to upgrade from their mini- golf residences.
Course at a Glance:
- Designed by Arnold Palmer
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Length of 7,221 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 75.3 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 143 from the farthest tees
- Five tee options designed for all skill levels
- View The BOG's scorecard, course flyover, and course layout
- Site of the 2013 WSGA State Amateur Championship
- Rated one of the top-50 public facilities in America by GRAA
- Named one of the best Palmer-designed courses by NBC Golf
89% of 233 customers recommend
“Great coarse to play, but not cheap. Bring a full wallet.”