Brewing your own beer can make you the most popular guy in your neighborhood, especially if every bottle also comes with a stack of homemade money. Get crafty with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $39 for a Beer College class for two people with one growler ($100 value)
- $75 for a Beer College class for four people with two growlers ($200 value)
Held on Tuesday from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Beer College classes cover topics ranging from beer’s history to the proper glassware for different beer styles. The schedule runs as follows:
- March: Beer styles and glassware
- April: American craft beers, an exploration of US microbreweries and craft beers
- May: Belgium beers, which covers doubles, triples, and farmhouse variants
- June: Texas beers, a survey of beers from all over the state
- July: Home-brewing
- August: Beer and food pairings
- September: North Texas beers, a survey of local breweries with guest speakers
- October: German beers
- November: North Texas beers, a continued survey of local breweries with guest speakers
The Bottle Shop
Most days, The Bottle Shop is a bar founded by the owners of World Beer Company, with a selection of more than 500 beers and a reflective metallic-topped table at which to drink. On Tuesday each week, however, the bar transforms into an institute of higher learning: Beer College. Between its exposed brick walls, students learn about eclectic topics, from home-brewing to pairing beer with food—rather than drinking beer and then eating the empty bottle. The walls themselves offer inspiration, with their shelves stocked with diverse beers such as Denver Pale Ale and Duvel.