Choose Between Two Options
- $39 for Beer College Class for two, including one growler container ($100 value)
- $75 for Beer College Class for four, including two growler containers ($200 value)
Held on Tuesday from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Beer College classes cover topics ranging from beer’s history to the proper glassware for different beer styles. The schedule runs as follows:
- February: American craft brewing, A look at how craft beer differentiates itself from mega brews as well as the history of brewing in america post 1970.
- March: Belgian beer, styles, trends, as well as history of brewing in Belgium
- April: Texas beers, History of brewing in the lone star state as well as a taste of some of our favorites from across the state
- May: Homebrewing, principles, advice, and some shared experience from home brewers themselves
- June: Beer and food pairing, The art of crafting the perfect interplay of food and drink. Basic theory as well as concrete examples provided
- July:Local beers, Guest speakers from some of our favorite local breweries
- August: Beer 102, a more advanced look at beer. More time allotted for the ingredients as well as more nuanced tastings
- September : German beers and the Lager, a look at traditional german beers and the advent of the lager and it’s historical importance
- October: Hops, More hands on education with examples of different varieties of hops as well as what these varieties mean in the finished beer
- November: Local beers, Same as above, just different breweries.
The Bottle Shop
Most days, The Bottle Shop is a bar founded by the owners of World Beer Company, with a selection of more than 500 beers and a reflective metallic-topped table at which to drink. On Tuesday each week, however, the bar transforms into an institute of higher learning: Beer College. Between its exposed brick walls, students learn about eclectic topics, from home-brewing to pairing beer with food—rather than drinking beer and then eating the empty bottle. The walls themselves offer inspiration, with their shelves stocked with diverse beers such as Denver Pale Ale and Duvel.