Like Mike Tyson, wine is usually robust, often boxed, and should never influence tattooing decisions. Imbibe the spirit of a champion with today's Groupon to The Cellar Wine Bar. This deal is valid at the El Dorado Hills and Folsom locations. Choose between the following options:
- For $18, you get a wine and cheese evening for two (up to a $36 total value). This package includes:
- Two glasses of wine (up to a $10 value each)
- One cheese plate with two items (a $16 value)
- For $36, you get a wine and cheese evening for four (up to a $73 total value). This package include:
- One bottle of wine (up to a $40 value)
- One family-size cheese platter with five items (a $33 value)
- For $13, you get two beer and pretzel basket for two (up to a $27 total value)
- Two flights of beer (a $10 value each)
- A pretzel basket (a $7 value)
The Cellar's two rustic, Tuscan-esque oases pour out ambrosial liquids and arrange tasteful dishes with elegant flair. Craft a platter for two or four of your choice of cheeses, nibbling at the subtly piquant manchego or swapping stories about crying at the opera with the cultured triple-cream brie. Whether by the bottle or by the glass, the bright and lively Raymond sauvignon blanc inspires energetic conversation, and the deep purple of the Crios malbec turns teeth a stately royal hue.
Those looking for a non-wine experience can opt for the beer and pretzel basket for two. In addition to two flights of beer, each includes five, five-ounce offerings ranging from IPAs, German lagers, and Belgium beers, couple also get a pretzel bun and pretzel roll served with gourmet mustard. The leather seating and rich umber-toned marble of the El Dorado Hills locale set the stage for a romantic evening or a foursome of cheese tennis, and at Folsom, the ornately carved fireplace provides a point of focus for melancholy gazers ruing every day not spent at a wine bar.