All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Like Mike Tyson, wine is usually robust, often boxed, and should never influence tattooing decisions. Imbibe the spirit of a champion with today's Groupon to The Cellar Wine Bar. This deal is valid at the El Dorado Hills and Folsom locations. Choose between the following options:
- For $18, you get a wine and cheese evening for two (up to a $36 total value). This package includes:
- Two glasses of wine (up to a $10 value each)
- One cheese plate with two items (a $16 value)
- For $36, you get a wine and cheese evening for four (up to a $73 total value). This package include:
- One bottle of wine (up to a $40 value)
- One family-size cheese platter with five items (a $33 value)
- For $13, you get two beer and pretzel basket for two (up to a $27 total value)
- Two flights of beer (a $10 value each)
- A pretzel basket (a $7 value)
The Cellar's two rustic, Tuscan-esque oases pour out ambrosial liquids and arrange tasteful dishes with elegant flair. Craft a platter for two or four of your choice of cheeses, nibbling at the subtly piquant manchego or swapping stories about crying at the opera with the cultured triple-cream brie. Whether by the bottle or by the glass, the bright and lively Raymond sauvignon blanc inspires energetic conversation, and the deep purple of the Crios malbec turns teeth a stately royal hue.
Those looking for a non-wine experience can opt for the beer and pretzel basket for two. In addition to two flights of beer, each includes five, five-ounce offerings ranging from IPAs, German lagers, and Belgium beers, couple also get a pretzel bun and pretzel roll served with gourmet mustard. The leather seating and rich umber-toned marble of the El Dorado Hills locale set the stage for a romantic evening or a foursome of cheese tennis, and at Folsom, the ornately carved fireplace provides a point of focus for melancholy gazers ruing every day not spent at a wine bar.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 1, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Valid only for prix-fixe menu. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.