Children can explore science, the arts, and the world around them in hands-on galleries at this 10,000-square-foot museum
About This Deal
COVID has affected hours of operation, please check here for current business hours.
Need To Know
About The Children's Museum at La Habra
Kids learn best by doing. At The Children's Museum at La Habra, we encourage this natural learning through hands-on activities with a range of exciting exhibits that span art, the sciences, the environment, and everyday life.
- Size: This 10,000-square-foot museum holds seven hands-on galleries.
- The Building: The museum opened in 1977 inside a restored train depot from 1923.
- Eye Catcher: The centerpiece of the Carousel Room is a hand-carved Dentzel merry-go-round, where kids five and under can climb aboard seahorses and piggies for a spin around the room.
- Permanent Mainstay: The Caboose dates back to 1942, and boasts a fully-restored interior filled with rail-related artifacts.
- Don't Miss: The Nature Walk, where kids can get nose to nose with (taxidermied) creatures that hail from as far away as Africa, as well as live animals in the Grotto.
- Future Exhibits: Click here to see upcoming exhibits.
- Special Programs: Events for the entire family are designed to get them moving or creating art