Choose Between Two Options
- $10 for admission for two ($18 value)
- $18 for admission for four ($36 value)
The Childrens Museum of New Hampshire
Despite its name, The Childrens Museum of New Hampshire isn't just for children. The mission statement of this non-profit organization centers on "family learning"—that is, creating exhibits that engage both kids and adults in problem-solving activities inspired by the real world.
- Size: two floors with 16 permanent exhibits that introduce kids (and adults) to art, science, and culture through hands-on learning
- Crown Jewel: Cochecosystem: Lives Built on the River reproduces an entire river system and shows how textile manufacturing once worked, right down to a four-harness weaving loom
- Eye Catchers: Glow-in-the-dark cave paintings illuminate the walls in Cave Explorers, and visitors can create their own designs with paint or light-up tubing
- Hidden Gem: Dino Detective invites guests into a rocky dig site to dig up a replica Triceratops skeleton and learn about how it ate greens without saying "yuck!"
- Other Hands-On Activities: Build flying machines, create music just by moving your hands, and mail letters at the replica post office
- Special Programs: workshops and classes involve the entire family in building everything from robots to gingerbread houses