A philosopher once called theater “the mask of convention over the face of society in the mirror of the unknown reflecting the rear-view of the sports car of destiny.” Simplify this theory with today’s theatrical Groupon: for $43, you get two tickets to one of the Children's Theatre Company's upcoming productions of Barrio Grrrl! (up to an $87 value). Your seats will be located within rows A through Q at the UnitedHealth Group Stage. Choose from five performances:
- Saturday, March 5 at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, March 5 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 6 at 5 p.m.
- Saturday, March 12 at 11 a.m.
- Saturday, March 12 at 2 p.m.
Currently celebrating its 45th anniversary season, the Children's Theatre Company remains among North America's premier children's theaters. Over the years, the theater has received a wealth of spirited cheers and distinguished honors, including the 2003 Special Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre. In conjunction with the Kennedy Center, the Children's Theatre Company continues its current season with Barrio Grrrl!, a colorful pop musical penned by Quiara Alegria Hudes, the playwright behind the wildly successful hip-hop opus In the Heights. Ana, the plucky 9-year-old protagonist, bounces about her neighborhood with friends, family, an alter ego, and an invisible friend. However, the dynamic between Ana's projections and her person shifts when she realizes that she must deal directly with the reality of her circumstances, unlike the rest of us.
- The Children's Theatre Company in Minneapolis stages awe-inspiring and award-winning professional theater aimed at preschoolers to teens. – Disney Family
- The plays at the Children's Theater company [sic] are of such high quality, that they can be enjoyed by patrons of all ages. – Sonya S., Yelp, 4/17/08
2400 3rd Ave. S
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404Get Directions