Each tour-goer receives a tour of the brewhouse and tastings of each flagship mead.
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
Choose from Two Options
- $26 for wine tour/meadery experience for two ($70 value)
- $48 for wine tour/meadery experience for four ($140 value)
The wine tour/meadery experience includes:
- 20-minute tour of the brewhouse and historic industrial building
- Q&A session with the cofounders
- Flight of five tastings per person, tasting sheet, taste of each flagship mead, and at least one seasonal or imperial mead
About The Colony Meadery
When Mike Manning made his first batch of home brew in 2001, he thought he had found his calling. Beer, however, turned out to be a stepping stone toward his ultimate beverage of choice—mead. In 2009, using a recipe the American Homebrewers Association published for Mead Day, he concocted his first batch of the honey-based alcohol. These days, he uses modern tools and his mastery of fermentation to craft The Colony Meadery’s many styles of mead, which range from his original mojito-inspired recipe to dry, herbal and barrel-aged varieties. The meads are available to sample at The Colony’s in-house tasting room, the tasting room in the Moravian Book Shop (one of the world's oldest continuously-operating book stores), and various taverns throughout the state.