Trained chefs can use their cooking expertise when dining to deduce how a sauce was made or how many times a pizza pie was spun around the baker’s finger. Sharpen your culinary skills with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $29 for one holiday cooking class (a $65 value)
- $56 for two holiday cooking classes (a $130 value)
- $75 for a series of three holiday cooking classes (a $195 value)<p>
The classes include the following:
- Holiday Party Starters, which explores the creation of appetizers such as baked brie with almonds and pancetta crisps with goat cheese, as well as soups such as pumpkin and butternut squash.
- Main Courses, which pairs the knowledge of preparing a turkey, duck, ham, or roast beef with recipes for side dishes such as cranberry apple crisp.
- Post-Dinner Treats, wherein participants learn to craft pies, gingerbread houses, and JDR chocolate truffles.<p>
Founding chef Jake Rothschild—creator of Jake’s Ice Cream—and chef Sandy Houdeshell lead sessions that reveal both chefs’ family’s holiday recipes, crafting a decadent meal from beginning to end. See the schedule for class times.<p>
The Cooking School at Irwin Street
In an age of gourmet food blogs, high-end ingredients, and artisan everything, cooking can seem more like an optional investment than an essential life skill. Thankfully, the instructors at The Cooking School at Irwin Street have found a way to change all that. During their classes, they pair easy-to-follow instructions with cost-saving techniques to make home-cooked meals both easy and affordable. Classes cater to a number of dietary restrictions, from creative vegan options and gluten-free baking lessons to smoked-meat sessions. Students learn through a hands-on approach, cooking as they go and feasting on their assignments at the end of class. In addition to full tummies, students leave with the skills and smarts needed to turn their home kitchens into meal time headquarters.
94% of 233 customers recommend
“The class was very well planned ... the teacher prepared and well informed.... he demonstrated the way to hold a knife, the purpose of the knives we used and got lots...”
“The class was very well planned ... the teacher prepared and well informed.... he demonstrated the way to hold a knife, the purpose of the knives we used and got lots of practice. Sure I will recommend to others. It was a good experience.”
“Great place and instructor”
“Making pasta was harder than I imagined but it was fun. ”