Choose Between Two Options
$18 for a barbecue meal for two ($30 value)
- Two pulled-pork sandwiches
- One side dish
- Two sodas or beers
$36 for a barbecue meal for four ($60 value)
- Four pulled-pork sandwiches
- Two side dishes
- Four sodas or beers
The Cultured Swine
If you see a pink pig in a monocle and top hat, take heed: that inimitable image is the logo for The Cultured Swine, which means mouthwatering barbecue is close by. What started as a buzzed-about food cart has morphed into a full-fledged restaurant, where pit masters oversee slow-cooked meats ranging from pork belly to spare ribs and chicken. Like any good barbecue joint, The Cultured Swine serves these fall-off-the-bone bites by the pound, but the real magic lies in their inventive preparations. Read on to see a few favorites:
- Pig in a Poncho: The Cultured Swine's spin on Mexican tamales features pulled pork wrapped in homey cornmeal and topped with house-made pepper sauce.
- The Tarheel Sandwich: The vinegary tang of Carolina-style pulled pork plays well with the kitchen's special "swine sauce" and (of course) a heaping scoop of coleslaw.
- Belly Mi: The Franco-Vietnamese banh mi acquires a southern accent when pork belly meets pickled vegetables and a bourbon-soaked pork pate within the confines of a crusty baguette.