What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $75 for a four-course tasting menu for two ($110 value)
- $149 for a four-course tasting menu for four ($220 value)
- $215 for a four-course tasting menu for six ($330 value)
The tasting menu changes seasonally, but below you’ll find a recent example:
- 1st course: Black bean tartar
- 2nd course: Carrot carbonara with pancetta and pecorino
- 3rd course: Steak and eggs or a seasonal fish and steak option
- 4th course: Grilled donut with cultured butter
- Includes a glass of prosecco
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Valid for Dine-in only. Must provide 21+ ID to receive alcoholic beverages. Reservation required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Not valid with any other special or promotion. Comparable menu substitutions can be made by The Cynical Schnauzer in case some of our menu items change with the seasons. Sales tax not included and will be charged on the item value at time of service. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Cynical Schnauzer
Chef turned restaurateur Przemek Adolf—of the lauded zero-waste eatery and catering company Saucy by Nature—is a self-described travel-obsessed foodie. He's also a dog lover, which is why he named his most recent farm-to-table enterprise, The Cynical Schnauzer, after his own schnauzer: Jinkx. Read on to learn more about this Brooklyn spot.
The intimate, 32-seat space is reminiscent of 1920s Berlin and its extravagant intellectual and artistic culture. The decor, a modern take on that time period, includes gold velvet curtains and dark stained wood offset by copper accents and warm amber lights. Diners can even sip their craft cocktails from vintage glassware.
A Modern American Menu
Chef Gus Ulrich—who has worked under Gwynnett St.'s Justin Hilbert and Michelin star chef Paul Liebrandt—emphasizes local ingredients on a seasonally rotating menu of contemporary American cuisine. Options might include:
- Appetizer: Flatbread topped with butternut squash, miso, bacon, and mozzarella cheese
- Entree: Lamb-belly spaetzle made with whole-grain mustard, treviso, and pink lady apples
- Dessert: A glazed, grilled donut smothered in cultured butter