Similar to tickling a bear without losing an arm, the art of breathing underwater requires years of practice and dedication. Introduce your lungs to aqueous awareness with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$50 for a PADI Discover Scuba course (a $100 value)
- Includes classroom session and one hour of pool-bound scuba instruction
- All gear provided
- Successful completion of the course may be used as credit toward a PADI open-water certification course<p>
$50 for a Discover Snorkelling course (a $99.95 value)
- Evening course begins with a classroom briefing on the physics and physiology of snorkelling, breath holding, and underwater navigation
- Students don snorkelling gear in the pool while learning techniques for fin kicking, breathing through the snorkel, and swimming underwater
- Snorkelling classes take place every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.<p>
Among Diving Locker's group of seasoned and certified underwater experts, accomplishments include inspecting Australia's Great Barrier Reef up close, swimming with fish in the blue waters of Guam, and spending more than 40 years helping snorkelers choose the right fins. Diving Locker's staff of instructors combine their wealth of collective experience to provide students with technical education—such as PADI certifications and search-and-recovery training—and to impart their genuine love for the fruits of globe-trekking. In addition to being a hub for scuba equipment sales and instruction, the business' audacious employees also organize and lead diving jaunts around the world and to a number of local underwater destinations on weekends. Diving Locker has been in operation since the late 1960s and has been operated since 1972 by Greg Kocher, the facility's resident equipment guru and mermaid interpreter.
95% of 75 customers recommend
“These guys totally know what they are doing, and will provide a SAFE and SOUND introduction to everything you need to know to dive.”
“You can tell these people love their jobs. It made for a fantastic experience and I will definitely be going back there again.”
“I took my own snorkeling equipment which broke at first use while putting it on, may be better to use their equipment or buy at their shop. wish I was fit then would...”
“I took my own snorkeling equipment which broke at first use while putting it on, may be better to use their equipment or buy at their shop. wish I was fit then would have enrolled in their diving class as the whole equip is very kind and helpful .Water at UBC swimming pool is kind of cold so just be aware.”
2745 W 4th Ave.
Vancouver, BC V6K 1P9